rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

03 starter won't disengage sometimes

Customer Question

03 monte carlo starter won't disengage sometimes
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.

I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!

I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a "positive rating" in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why "in advance", so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

The starter is probably bad internally, it sounds like it has a bad bendix which is the part that looks like a gear and strikes the flywheel to engage the starter.

Thanks, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have any more questions, and please don't forget to rate me.

Thanks again, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please cancel my memembership