Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I've been having a problem with my reverse lights staying on

Customer Question

I've been having a problem with my reverse lights staying on after turning my vehicle of and sometimes going down the hwy...I have an 07 Chevrolet suburban what's the fix?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay.

There are two different components that will cause this issue here.First is the Body control module as it commands the back up lights on.This computer sends a signal to energize the back up lamps relay in the under hood fuse box (which on this model this relay is part of this fuse box unfortunately) and then this relay turns on and off these lights.The other issues is the relay itself at fault sticking on.If the relay needs replaced the entire under hood fuse panel needs replaced as this relay is built into the fuse panel.

The only way to tell which is the cause here for sure is with electrical testing,testing the signals out of the body control module and at the relay to see which needs replaced.

The only other thing that would cause this here is if a remote start or alarm system after market was installed and something was wired incorrectly or has failed electronically with the after market system causing this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.