Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have a 1995 chev diesel that wont start. i have replaced

Customer Question

i have a 1995 chev diesel that wont start
. i have replaced the booster pump twice once with a generic pump then i went back and bought one from chev dealer.
i have replaced the part that goes into the manifold no help
i have charged both batteries to get them at max voltage no help
i have a full tank of fuel and i checked and replaced the fuel filter
i have checked all the fuses and they are ok
the glow plug lights are cming on but i get no fuel
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can pull the fuel line from the small booster pump under the vehicle and turn on the key and see if fuel runs out.If no fuel runs out of this pump and the pump is heard to run this indicates either a restriction in the fuel tank itself or damage to the fuel feed hose leading from the tank or inside the tank pickup tube needing repaired.In this case the tank would need removed for inspection and repair.If you do have fuel coming out of the pump or the pump is not heard to run let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.