JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech
6149662

How to remove doors on a 1995 Chevy pick up truck 2500 4/4

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 1 year ago.

manual or power?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks

manual or power door?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Re move doors on1995 Chevy truck

you need to unhook any electrical connectors then knock the door pins out with a small hammer and a punch

This requires a helper, and a floor jack. Basically, you pound the pins out, a real treat without an air hammer and/or a pin removal tool. Roll the door away from the truck, as far as the wire harness will allow. Then, drive the old bushings out. Be sure you don't reinstall them up side down. They have to be pounded back in, and they are easily broken. They are made of bronze. Then, tape up the edge of the door, so it doesn't' get torn up during the reinstallation process. Roll the door up to the truck, on the jack, with the aid of your helper. Carefully guide it into position, and install the bottom pin first, top side down. This pin is the easiest to install, because you can actually see the holes line up, within reason. pound it in until the shoulder on the pin is flush. Now, install the top pin bottom side up. It will be more tricky. Once pins are in, install the round retaining clip on both pins, otherwise they will eventually back out. Using a door spring compressor, reinstall the spring.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you unbolt the hinges from the frame

I believe they are welded on