camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

I am working on my 2001 chevey s10 i have code p0200 i have

Customer Question

hi i am working on my 2001 chevey s10 i have code p0200 i have replaced spider injectors 3 times all spark plugs wires complete distributor crank sensor map sensor fuel pump checked all electric wires still geting this code what can it be from
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also changed the pcm same comes back
Expert:  camerontech replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

My name is ***** ***** I am a licenced diagnostic technician with over 20 years experience.

I will do my best to help you with your automotive problem. Please remember, I cannot see, hear or feel your vehicle which can make diagnosing very complicated and some vehicle require extensive diagnotics that require certain diagnostics computers that can not be done over a computer or phone.Please be patient as I am not online 24 hours a day, as I do work, but I do check my page every day.A positive rating is always appreciated for my time and knowledge to help you with your problem.

This can be a very frustrating code.

The p0200 is the ecm has detected a voltage issue at one of the injector controls.

This can be caused by

1. the spider (which you have replaced a few times it looks like), more specifically one of the injectors

2. the 12v power feed to each individual injector

3. wiring to the pcm

I have found problems on all three of these.

I have included a diagram of the circuit, i dont know if you have one yet, and you will need to check a few things.

1. check each power supply (pink wires) at the connector for 12v even at each wire.

2. unplug the connector and check resistance on each of the injector wires to the injectors. they should all be the same. if one is different, the computer notices this and stores a code.

3.do a continuity resistance check from the connector to the pcm. There should be 0 ohms and full continuity on each of the circuits.

If there is resistance or an open wire, you will have to open up some harnesses and find the issue.

doing a cylinder balance or cylinder contribution test will also help you pinpoint which is the cylinder or bank setting the code

You will usually find the problem doing these tests in this order. all that is left is the computer or just bad spiders. I have had bad ones right out of the box. ITs an extremely horrible design.

let me know if you need any more help and ill be glad too.

Positive ratings ar always appreciated!

cam

injector circuit