Dr.Carz
Dr.Carz, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years in and still going
35496794

I have a 2005 Tahoe without sun roof, and when it rains I

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Tahoe without sun roof, and when it rains I have water on the floor of the drivers seat. I can not determine where the water is coming from. I have noticed that when the floor is wet, the headliner along the drivers a pillar is also wet and water drips from the corner of the dash and when AI pop off the fuse panel cover there is moisture on the fuse panel which has caused me several problems like damaging the door lock relay. Where cold this water be coming from
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like the windshield is the culprit here or perhaps some rust in the corners where the windshield seals. Have you inspected the roof line? how does it look? 2 things I do for air/water leaks 1-wash the area with soapy water with the truck running and the blowers on high this will force air out and bubbles will form. 2-water hose held in place and running water while removing panels for inspection. If the windshield is the culprit I do believe if you have glass coverage your insurance will cover. If the glass has been replaced and you have documentation the work is lifetime warranted. Hope this helps and please let me know if I can further assist. Please remember to rate my performance and accept thank you.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Any luck with the tahoe have not heard back from you?

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to rate my services and accept thanks.