Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

I have a Chevrolet avalanche 2004 with a 5.3 ...the truck

Customer Question

I have a Chevrolet avalanche 2004 with a 5.3 ...the truck stall when I drive one or two kilometers ..and after don't start...sometime he start and idle good..after that he stall again....I check a fuel pressure...its 62 and the pressure stay there when I turn key off...I change a computer and have the same problem..change fuse box..same problem...and no check engine light
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the computer I put in was a 4.8 computer..i reprogram a computer to gm dealer...after the dealer reprogram the 4.8 computer..the truck run like my original computer...so have a same stall problem....after that I put my original computer..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the big positive wire to go to alternator I think was more hot that normal too
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.ank sensor,these will do this when they go bad sometimes and most times not give a code for it

thanks

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Crankshaft Position Sensor

Crankshaft Position Sensor

12560228$99.16

Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandard

Replace Crankshaft Position Sensor

B0.9 1.2

sense you get no trouble codes and from the way you explain the problem,it sounds as if you may have a bad cr

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

www.dropbox.com/s/bb8lln3lvrsth48/1105-avalanch-Crankshaft%20Position.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bb8lln3lvrsth48/1105-avalanch-Crankshaft%20Position.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put a new crank sensor...and have a same probleme
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I check ignition pluging swich too (small two wires on the top of the ignition swich key and is like ok...

did you get it going?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no ...when I receive my truck at to gm dealer..now my truck doesn't start anamore..the dealer reprograme the other computer and check the wires on the top of the engine...I change the crank sensor myself and the truck don't start....the engine turn more faster then before I think...but don't start before the dealer check my truck he start sometime and stall one minutes or two after...when a truck was started I shaked the wires to try to stall the truck ...but the truck doesn't stall when I shaked the wires..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when the dealer reprogram the computer the truck run same with my original computer..start sometime and stall after one or two minutes..sometimes mores... but now the truck don't start anamore

ok

stand by,someone will be right with you

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.

A common issue on these has been the cam sensor and cam sensor wiring. The wiring itself is susceptible to damage, where it comes down from the intake harness and snakes down to the cam sensor on the front of the engine. Wires break inside the insulation where you can't detect them, things of that nature.

I'd be taking a good hard look at the cam sensor signal on a scan tool, if this were in my shop.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I try it tomorrow ..I will let you know.. I will check a wire of the crank sensor too ..

Perfect.