Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I need the wiring diagram 1999 chevy Tahoe 2dr 4wd fuel pump

Customer Question

I need the wiring diagram 1999 chevy Tahoe 2dr 4wd fuel pump upgraded connector...............the connector coming from the truck wires is all white
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** is the connector diagram and wire diagram, let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/phz7625ljhcvb0z/fuelpumpconnector.pdf?dl=0

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2priti2hcyzkayn/CKSE007c.png?dl=0

-

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need the upgraded diagram for the 1999 chevy Tahoe fuel pump
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2dr 4wd
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

What is your vin? Any chance you can send me a picture of what connector looks like? This is the only connector I'm seeing for your vehicle.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

How many wires on connector?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 wires.........purple.........black...........grey........black/orange
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

What is your vin number? Are those colors on fuel pump side of wiring or vehicle side of wiring?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
vin#3gnek18r4xg154345.............the wires coming from the truck is all white.................
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I do not see any diagrams with the colors you are describing. I can open question back up to see if someone else has diagrams that match otherwise we can do some testing and try to figure out where wires go. Let me know what you would like to do. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lets do some testing
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Ok, does connector at least look the same as one I shown you in above diagram?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's the new upgraded connecter.......carter fuel pump....p74773m
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the one you sent is the old one......the pic I sent is the new upgrade
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Give me a few minutes to look into this. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Here is a diagram of both connectors, you will just need to match up the letters and not worry about the wire coloring. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uygisn71w1k6vqi/fuel%20pump%20connectors.png?dl=0

-

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'm still confused with the wires.....an you tell me which goes where......sorry
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Since the colors aren't making sense you need to simply use the letters A-D and match them up. So you will need to take wire from pin a on square connector and line it up with wire on pin a of rectangle connector. Let me know if that makes sense, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I traced the wires up further and the have........black......grey.......blue with white stripe
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Gray wire should have battery voltage with key in start position, if so run that to pin B. Then black wire should have good ground, if so run to pin C. The other two are for the fuel gauge, just hook up either way and it should be fine. Let me know how it goes or if you run into questions, thanks.