Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Wipers will not turn off and drivers side head light and

Customer Question

wipers will not turn off and drivers side head light and turn signal very deem
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** start with wiper problem. What speed do they seem to be stuck on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They stick on slow but u can turn them up to high but intermintiin or the ability to turn off will not work
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Do they stop when removing 25 amp fuse in location 11 from interior fuse box? Do they shut off with key?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they turn off when I do either of those actions
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

This would mean the wiper switch has failed, you can unplug switch to verify they shut off, if so replace. Now we can move onto light problem. Is it dim on both hi and low beams?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Ground 113 is for front drivers headlight, sounds like a poor ground. Locate and repair the ground G113. It is on the forward side of the core support, between the left headlights and the radiator. Start by cleaning ground just incase it is related to wipers even though I do not think it is. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

-

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try that tomorrow. And let u know thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good, keep me updated. Thanks again and have a good night.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Dan for the delay but my wife and I adopted a special needs child and she has had a lot of checkups up till now. My wife passed away in 2012 and it's just me and her. All is well with her and I have checked the ground wire. You were rite. It was loose. After I tightened it all the lights came on properly and the wipers will now turn on and off. Thanks for your help and patients. If it weren't for you the local dealer would have been workin on it. Hope I don't need you in the future but I know who to turn to incase I do. Thanks again