AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a Chevy cobalt 2010 the a/c stopped working. the

Customer Question

hello i have a Chevy cobalt 2010 the a/c stopped working. the compressor turns on and off quickly and will not engage . I added 134 Freon but it looks like it has , also also the fan works good and i changed the a/c pressure switch. still does the same . i checked the relay and it's good. I also bypassed the relay and the a/c cools really good . so i ran out of option can someone give me and idea of what it could be.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. The most common cause of this would be incorrect freon level. The freon going into the AC system needs to be measured using an AC machine with a scale. If you just put freon in with a can, you dont know how much freon is in the system because it was not evacuated and measured out. This needs to be done properly in order for the AC system to work correctly. Now, if the froen level is in fact correct, then using a scanner, check for the A/C request parameter to say YES in Engine Control Module data when the A/C is turned on. If so, check for the A/C pressure sensor voltage to drop or rise substantially when the A/C stops working. If it does, wiggle the A/C pressure sensor connector while watching the scan tool data. If you see a voltage change, check the sensor terminals and sensor harness for chafing preventing the AC from working

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see if you have any further questions or need any further assistance? Let me know