Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have a 2003 silverado 1500 4by4 the battery was unhook a

Customer Question

I have a 2003 silverado 1500 4by4 the battery was unhook for about a week and a half now I have a lock light on that won't go out or let me try to start the truck
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried the security relearn procedure?

Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

Here is the procedure.

• Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  • Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON, vehicle will not start.
  • Observe the SECURITY light, after approximately 10 minutes the light will turn OFF.
  • Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
  • Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes, the vehicle is now ready to relearn the PasslockTM Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.

Important: The vehicle learns the PasslockTM Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

• Start the engine, the vehicle has now learned the PasslockTM Sensor Data Code and/or password.