JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech
6149662

I have a 2004 Suburban with stabiltrak. I was getting the

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Suburban with stabiltrak. I was getting the ABS and Antilock lights on the dash.The lights would come on and not effect the vehicle until they went out at which time they would activate the Stibility Control.
Looked on the old internet and thought the problem was a cold solder joint on the ABS Module. I got a replacement ABS with module on it and installed it. I bled the brakes and borrowed a scan tool and bled the ABS unit. The scan tool said I had a code C0040. Now I get the ABS light intermitant and the Anti lock all the time. Now the scan tool says I have a code c0283. The code C0040 is gone.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 1 year ago.

you may need to get it flashed for tire size.... here is the code info

Circuit Description
The traction control switch is a momentary-contact, normally-open switch that can be used to disable the traction control system (TCS) . Each time the traction control switch is pressed, the TCS enabled/disabled status changes. When TCS is disabled, the electronic brake control module (EBCM) illuminates the traction off indicator by opening the service traction control signal circuit.

Conditions for Running the DTC

• The ignition is ON.
  • The engine is running at a rate greater than 450 RPM.

Conditions for Setting the DTC
The EBCM detects low voltage on the traction control switch signal circuit for 10 seconds.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets
If equipped, the following actions occur:

• The EBCM disables the TCS.
  • The traction off indicator turns ON.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC
The conditions for setting the DTC are no longer present and you use the scan tool Clear DTCs function.
Diagnostic Aids
Thoroughly inspect connections or circuitry that may cause an intermittent malfunction.

Test Description
The number below refers to the step number on the diagnostic table.

1. This step tests the traction control switch circuitry. If the fuse opens when you perform this test, the traction control switch signal circuit is shorted to ground.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took a scan tool and cleared the codes. I was getting a c0040 and a c0283. We checked the c0040 for a bad rf sensor. That hub was replaced less than a year ago. I check the sensor with the scan tool and found no signal coming from that wheel. I replaced the hub and that code went away. I still have the c0283.TC Switch. I got the proceedure to test the wiring on the switch and I should have 12 volts on the blue wire with the switch not depressed and o volts with the switch depressed. I have .5 volts not pressed and then 1.9 volts when depressed. Indication that the switch is bad. I got another switch (used from ebay) and I still have the problem.

is the switch defective ..it was used