Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

My 2010 Chevy impala will not move when I t the gas pedal.

Customer Question

My 2010 Chevy impala will not move when I hit the gas pedal. The engine and rpms rev up but no movement. If I turn the car off and let it sit for awhile. It will drive for about 2 minutes and then the problem comes back. Took it to a mecanic and the codes he has said the computer and the instrument panel are bad. I am just trying to make some sense of all of this.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.

From what is described here this sounds like an electrical issue with something like the pressure regulating solenoid in the transmission vlave body possibly or an issue with the PCM (engine and transmission computer) are also a possibility.Usually computer failure is rare but it is possible.One other issue I have seen since the engine does rev up with this fault here is a fault with the transmission valve body.Usually if this is the case though this fault would occur all of the time even on restart right away.

The best thing to do here since its difficult to pinpoint this from here is to allow a transmission repair facility or dealer to look into this issue.They can read out and diagnose the fault codes and will have the proper test equipment to test the transmission components to locate the fault here.If you can get the codes the previous mechanic retrieved and post that code info here this will help just let me know.

I suspect a solenoid at fault in the transmission or possibly a computer internal fault needing replaced but I wouldn't rule out the transmission valve body as the cause either.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.