Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

My 03 trailblazer started vibrating only when in gear or at

Customer Question

My 03 trailblazer started vibrating only when in gear or at a stop but still in gear. I had motormounts replaced but now it's even worse and does it whether parked or in gear. No codes or lights on.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** your engine mounts have been replaced then it sounds like your transmission mount is the issue. First remove drive belt to verify you still have vibration if so remove the transmission mount and inspect for debris between the 2 halves of the mount next to the metal rod. Clean all debris and install a 5.5" piece of 3/4 heater hose to prevent foreign debris intrusion into the mount. Here is a bulletin GM released for problem, let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3p5p9zk7jpw22bi/vibrations.pdf?dl=0

-