JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech
6149662

2004 yukon xl has left tail light and brake light but only

Customer Question

2004 yukon xl has left tail light and brake light but only brake light works on right side. the tail light is not working
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 1 year ago.

have you checked the bulb?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

just replaced bulb as we speak still nothing as far as right tail light

what bulb did you use? id the socket burned?

did you check the fuse the left and right run off separate fuses..

PARK, TAIL AND MARKER LAMPS

The park, tail and marker lamps, including the license lamps, are turned on when the headlamp switch is placed in the PARK or HEAD position or anytime the headlights are requested. The underhood fuse block supplies battery positive voltage to both the park lamp relay switch contacts and the park lamp coil circuit. The body control module (BCM) provides a ground or control circuit to the park lamp relay coil circuit. When the park lamps are turned on the BCM energizes the park lamp relay. Current flow is from the park lamp relay to the FR PRK 10 A fuse, RR PRK 10 A fuse, LR PRK 10 A fuse, and the TRL PRK 10 A fuse, and to their respective park and marker lamps. The front park and marker lamps are grounded at G100. The rear park and marker lamps are grounded at G401. The license lamps are grounded at G410. If the headlight switch is left in the ON position, the inadvertent power control feature will turn off the park, tail and marker lamps approximately 10 minutes after the ignition switch is turned to the OFF position. If the driver places the headlight switch in the ON position after the ignition switch has been turned OFF, or if the ignition switch is in the ACCY position, the park, tail and marker lamps will remain on until turned off or the battery runs dead.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you