Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

Cam, I'm trying to find out if I need a new battery or if

Customer Question

Hi Cam, I'm trying to find out if I need a new battery or if there is something else going on.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ted G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, it looks like Cam is not available, let me see if I can help you. If you turn on the headlights and then try to start the car, if the headlights go very dim when you turn the key to start it, your battery is probably shot. If it really is at 9 volts then it probably will not take a charge, usually if it is below 10 it means the battery has failed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. My husband was in the middle of changing the front headlight and when it went to go restart it, it would work. Would the light change have anything to do w/ it?
Expert:  Ted G. replied 1 year ago.

That is very unlikely unless the battery was low to begin with and leaving the lights on with the engine not running pushed it over the edge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks you!
Expert:  Ted G. replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome!