Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Corvette c5 Folding top storage lid wont releaae. Push

Customer Question

Corvette c5 Folding top storage lid wont releaae. Push button but not release top already down and stored in storage area. Need to put top up
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and see if anything is obstructing the storage lid from releasing and folding or sliding.In allot of cases if there is debris in the way or any other component in the way or an issue with a broken component for the lid this will cause this here needing corrected.You may have to have a dealer look into the lid issue to see if they can locate the affected component to see if they can repair it or if something needs replaced.They can usually also manually move the roof with their computer/scan tool to get to the components easier for inspection.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.