Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I have a 09 Chevy Silverado 1500. The heater on he passenger

Customer Question

I have a 09 Chevy Silverado 1500. The heater on he passenger side blow cold air. Also out of the defrost and floor on that side
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

i am assuming the drivers side temp works fine ?

has anything been done yet to correct this problem ?

did this problem start out of the blue one day ? nothing was done to this truck including a dead battery or a jump start ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Driver side works fine. Nothing done yet. I just started getting cold here. So i just noticed it last week.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

these type of issues which are kind of common are usually caused by the calibration being lost for the passenger side temp actuator OR the passenger side temp actuator itself being bad

the best action to take is to have the temp actuators re calibrated with a scan tool if that does NOT correct the problem then the passenger side temp actuator would need to be changed which usually runs @ $ 75 give or take for the actuator and @ 1.5 hours labor to change it as it is changed by removing the passenger side air bag and accessing the actuator through the air bad opening

here is a picture of the location of it

if you have any questions please ask

you can always get me back through this post for FREE any time with any follow up with this question even after you rate us here at Justanswer as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here