Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones,
Experience:  GM A Tech at Straub Buick GMC
15093763

My company truck is a 22 foot Chevy CC6500 Regular cab box

Customer Question

my company truck is a 22 foot Chevy CC6500 Regular cab box truck. When you start it a fast chime sounds and won't shut off. It beeps all the time as if a seat belt is not connected.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****.
I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

Here is Audible Warnings Description and Operation:

The radio or the chime module (UL5) produces four audible warnings to alert the driver of a system concern or a critical vehicle condition. When multiple audible warnings requests are received at the same time, the warning with the highest priority will sound first. The following lists the audible warning priority and pulse rate:

1. Fast rate chime—200 pulses per min
2. Medium rate chime—150 pulses per min
3. Medium/Slow rate chime—100 pulses per min
4. Slow rate chime–50 pulses per min
5. Turn Signal
Fasten Safety Belt WarningThe IPC sends a class 2 message to the radio or to the chime module (UL5) to activate the fasten safety belt warning when the seat belt indicator is activated. The seat belt chime sounds at the rate of 50 pulses per minute and will last for a duration of 5 pulses. The fasten safety belt warning is just a reminder to fasten the seat belt and does not monitor the seat belt status.

Key–In–Ignition WarningThe IPC sends a class 2 message to the radio or the chime module (UL5) to activate the key–in– ignition audible warning when the IPC detects that the key is in the ignition with the driver door open. The key-in-ignition chime sounds at the medium rate of 150 pulses per minute until the driver door is closed or the key is removed from the ignition switch.

Lights On ChimeThe IPC sends a class 2 message to the radio or to the chime module to activate an audible warning as a reminder that the headlamps are ON when the driver door is open and the ignition switch is in the OFF position. The lights ON chime sounds at the fast rate of 200 pulses per minute until the headlamp switch in turned OFF.

Turning the park lamps OFF and turning it back ON with the driver door open will turn the chime OFF.

Turn Signal WarningThe turn signal audible warning will use a tone that is synchronized with the turn signal flasher. The IPC will activate the turn signal audible warning when the following occurs:

•The ignition is ON.
•Left or right turn signal switch is ON.
Vehicle Overspeed WarningThe IPC sends a class 2 message to the radio or to the chime module (UL5) to activate the vehicle overspeed chime when the IPC detects that the vehicle speed is greater than 120 km/h (75 mph). The vehicle overspeed chime sounds at a medium rate of 150 pulses per minute and lasting for about 5 seconds

Additional WarningsThe IPC requests for audible warnings when certain IPC indicators are illuminated as an additional warning to alert the driver of a system concern or a critical vehicle condition. The IPC sends a class 2 message to the radio or chime module to activate an audible warning when the following indicators are ON in the IPC:

•Brake Lamp
The brake lamp illuminates simultaneously with a chime warning only when there is a malfunction in the brake system.

•Check Gauges
•Low Air
•Low Coolant
•Service Brake Lamp

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****