Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay.
First off the GM part number for the mode door actuator is 89018374.You will want to use this number and contact the parts store to see if they can cross reference it to make sure they supplied you the correct actuator as the incorrect actuator will cause issues here.
Below is the correct procedure on replacing this actuator.The actuator should have came with the large cam gear attached to it.If it didn't you need one that does have this gear on it.
1. Remove the floor air outlet duct extension (1) from the floor duct (2). 2. Remove the center console. 3. Remove the screws from the center console duct. 4. Remove the center console duct.
5. Disconnect the electrical connection from the mode actuator (10).
6. Remove the mode actuator mounting screws from the HVAC module. 7. Remove the mode actuator as an assembly with the actuator cam.
1. Install the mode actuator as an assembly with the actuator cam. - Line up the heater/defroster valve lever with the mode actuator cam slot. - Line up the A/C valve lever with the mode actuator cam. 2. Install the mode actuator mounting screws to the HVAC module. Tighten Tighten the screws to 1.6 N.m (14 lb in).
3. Connect the electrical connection at the mode actuator (10).
4. Install the center console duct. 5. Install the screws to the center console duct. Tighten Tighten the screws to 1.6 N.m (14 lb in). 6. Install the center console. 7. Install the floor air outlet duct extension (1) to the floor air duct (2).
After this is replaced properly then the calibration is done with the Tech 2.It is possible the new actuator is faulty.If the new actuator is o.k. or is replaced again (you should be able to get another free of charge under a parts warranty from the parts store you purchased it from just let them know it doesn't work) and the recalibration is done and the fault still occurs then I suspect that the door itself is jammed or broken in the heater box.In this case the dash has to be removed unfortunately and then the heater box removed and taken apart for inspection and repair.
The money is only a deposit.If there are any issues or worries on this let me know.
If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.