Roger, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Automotive Technician
88470418

The rad fan on my 2011 cruze runs constantly. The engine

Customer Question

The rad fan on my 2011 cruze runs constantly. The engine light is not on and the temp reads normal.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'd be happy to help! First, which engine is in your cruze, 1.4L or 1.8L?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1.4L
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Ok, the thermostat is a very common failure on these, it's electronically controlled and if it sets a code the fan will default to on just to be safe. The code that causes this will not illuminate the check engine light either, so before you replace it have it scanned for codes, just in case we have another issue. If you get any codes, let me know what they are and I can tell you the best way to proceed, which will likely be replacing that thermostat.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to rate, they won't compensate me unless I've been rated. Thank you!