Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 2006 Silverado classic w 4.8 vin 2GCEC13V471135345

Customer Question

hello I have a 2006 Silverado classic w 4.8 vin 2GCEC13V471135345
I lost my fuel pedal response, it was intermittent now all the time. have done all the diagnosis and swapped tac module, app sensor, throttle body and harness to tac from app sensor.
my issue is wire D 5v power from tac modual to app sensor 2 is dead at about .003v
I am at a loss of what to attempt. thankyou all.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
p1125
p2120
p2138
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** there is 5v leaving the tac module on the same wire. If so, then run a new wire between tac module and app sensor. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions. Here is a wire diagram to help with testing. Thanks.
-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vlwx9w4v1fsk6xr/8pu1776734a.png?dl=0
-

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dan, I have just compiled some result for you to assess. See attached files, Thankyou.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looking at the results and discrepancy's I would think the new TAC module and new APP sensor are both bad.Nothing is impossible I guess. The harness is new and tests good.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I'm not really understanding the tests. But if the TAC module is not putting out 5v on purple wire at pin B it needs to be replaced and that should at least take care of that problem, then after that APP sensor may be problem but I'd be surprised if both were bad off the shelf. Let me know how, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok old tac and new, at pin both have the same voltage issue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just ordered a new tac, complete pedal and harness per vin# ***** to pull ground off battery replace them all and prey it works this time...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all gm oem parts this time
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I think it will, let me know how it turns out or if you end up running into more questions. You can also do resistance test on wiring related to pedal position sensor 2. Each wire should have under 5 ohms between both points. Keep me updated. Thanks again and have a good night!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just an update if anyone reads this thread.The man who swapped the Las motor into the vehicle before I bought it used the wrong pedal and harness per vin#. The junk yard gave him the correct TAC module but older style steel pedal and harness. The vehicle required a plastic pedal, differently wired harness.Having a non matching throttle body, tac module, pedal, harness caused the tac modules to fry.This combo MUST be all out of the same donor vehicle to function reliably.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Good to hear problem was solved, thanks for update!