GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2009 chevy aveo ,while driving loose ability to accelerate,

Customer Question

2009 chevy aveo ,while driving loose ability to accelerate, no matter how far the gas pedal is pushed down, ,or the vehicle would accelerate without warning,, both situations very dangers,, what is wrong and how to fix it
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Greg Jensen replied 1 year ago.

Hello My name is ***** ***** I will try and help you.

Has it been scanned for codes? any parts replaced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no codes shows

Does it do it daily or real interm?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
almost daily but we scare to drive past week

I know you understand at this point it is a hard issue to track down. It could be a failing part but seems maybe is a wiring connection type issue. I would have a pin tension test done, at the throttle body connection, the ECM and the gas pedal. you may need to replace some terminals or even have stand alone harness built. I do this alot to fix these type of random issues with out codes or hard failures. I have not seen to many failed pedals on these cars. I have seen several throttle bodies and one ECM. Now I know this could get kinda expensive real quick. A less exp thing you could try at home is to disconnec the battery and apply a light film of dielectric grease to the connection terminals of the connectors at the throttle body/ecm and gas pedal connectors just in case the issue is as simple as a little terminal fretting.