Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

My 1997 Chevy s10 Blazer brakes from time to time when I'm

Customer Question

My 1997 Chevy s10 Blazer brakes from time to time when I'm braking to a stop will sometime act as if they are grabbing but about to let go. This is in dry weather. one time it happened and I thought I heard some type of motor running. can't say for sure.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

99 % of these doing this unwanted ABS activation are caused by a front wheel speed sensor or play in either front hub/bearing

if there is NO up and down play felt in either front hub and the wiring to both front ABS wheel speed sensors checks out good usually the fix for this is to replace both front wheel speed sensors and before the new ones are put into the hubs clean the surface on the hub down to bare metal then push them in flush by hand and then bolt the sensors in place

this should correct this issue

if a shop does this for you the labor is usually @ 2 hours to change both sensors and @ $ 50.00 for each sensor give or take

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

if you have any questions please ask