GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Codes P1516, P1518, P2108 what might be problem

Customer Question

codes P1516, P1518, P2108 what might be problem
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Greg Jensen replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am Greg give me a few mins to review

ALright, there is alot of issue with these Throttle act systems. You have on e of three problems and it can be hard to narrow them down the code p2108 diag pretty much sayd replace the tac module the other two codes can be either the module the throttle body or the wiring.usually it comes down to wiring issues. typically I might start with the module cause of the 2108 but I might compare that to price of a new harness., you can try just getting the terminals replaced at the connectors but I have found the best fix is a new harness for the throttle body from the tec module to the throttle body with new terminals and txl crimped and soldered with no addtl connections. usual unless it hard fails for and extended period of time it is eaiser to diag but often it interm and hard to isolate.

Do you have any addtl questions on this matter?