Scott
Scott, Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Master Tech, ASE Master tech- automotive
24665677

2012 silverado 2500 6.0 w/numerous codes and warning lights

Customer Question

2012 silverado 2500 6.0 w/numerous codes and warning lights (brake,abs, traction/stsability control,service trailer brake lights) codes;u0121,u0102u0073,u0137,p0856,p162b
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Scott replied 1 year ago.

I will need you to supply me with the VIN # ***** of this vehicle to further help you with question. I need to be able to determine which options this vehicle has to address this question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
vin# ***** day
Expert:  Scott replied 1 year ago.

Code P162B is set when there is a slowdown request from onstar or a vin mismatch between onstar and the vin stored in the Onstar module. By the vin this truck was not equipped with onstar from the factory. Since the ECM is setting this code and the vehicle does not have onstar you will need to replace the engine control module. The other codes are communication codes that code be set by a faulty engine control module. Replace the ecm first and then see if any of the other codes reset. The ecm is covered under warranty til 02/09/2017 or 50009mi which ever comers first by GM.