GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Im not sure. I have had issues with the speed sensors in the

Customer Question

Im not sure. I have had issues with the speed sensors in the front hubs on my express. Been changed out several times, and eventually the abs light and the dinger goes off. Very annoying. It resets itself eventually, but I noticed the other day that it happens when I take off, and when I start to accelerate, the speedometer doesn't register any speed, and as soon as it jumps the abs light comes on and the dinger begins. It happens every time I start from a complete stop. Occasionally the brake pedal feels like a grinding? I guess you could say, but the abs system works perfectly and I have tested it to be sure. That pedal issue only seems to happen when I am barely moving, at any speed over 10 mph the pedal is fine. Why do these sensors keep going out? When I replace them the lights stay off and dinger does too, but Im on my 4th set and Im tired of buying them to be honest. Chevy dealership said it was the module right away, and that there was no other answer, and this was long before i had any other information except that the diagnostic code reader said the wheel speed sensors had failed. They told me there was no such part on the van, so I don't take my vehicle there unless I need to buy a part to put on myself. All they do here is rip people off. I'm over this, every time I stop and go i have to listen to this thing dinging for like 2 minutes. What say you? Any other ideas? Do you think that transmission sensor could be my problem? Why does that not show up on the Diagnostic?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

are you saying the speedometer doesnt work correctly?

can you give me the code you are getting?

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you read what I wrote there?

i did

tell me about the speedometer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I told you exactly what happens, wvery time i start from a complete stop.

ok,,the code #,,what is the code you are getting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im good Tim. Im not paying for this. Thanks. Apparently you want me to continue to repeat information that is written down already. I am unsatisfied, the same as i was the last time I attempted to use this ridiculous service.

i want to help..i think i know your problem here

a little back and forth please

im trying to get a sense of what is going on

you dont say the code# ***** the desciption

also,i would like to know if the transmission shifts weird at slow speeds

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, i did not because I dont know what the code number is, but the number represented the wheel speed sensors. I would like a refund.

you dont want any help

stand by,,i will get your refund

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much.

before i go,,do yu want me to tell you what is wrong with it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you know, then obviously i gave you plenty of information in my very first very thorough statement. The wheel speed sensors correct the abs light and the dinging. The speedometer not moving at first and then jumping is something I just noticed...this has been going on for 5 years or so. ( not the speedo, the abs and dinging) replace the sensors and the noise stops until i ride down a dirt road and then they are done. They have to be replaced.

ok,,if you dont mind,,can you please give me the speed sensor code you are getting,,if you dont know,i will give you my thoughts.

ok,i give up,,lol

have a good night