Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Technician
Experience:  25 years automotive experience, Certified Subaru Tech and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

91 Cavalier RS 2.2L, car will crank and start fine but has

Customer Question

91 Cavalier RS 2.2L, car will crank and start fine but has no power when accelerating. Fuel filter was replaced and pressure checked, around 11 psi. It feels and sounds like the engine is fuel starved but I'm not sure why.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Check for a plugged catalytic converter. If you can, remove the front O2 sensor and then drive the car and see if it has more power. Many times the converter can break up and block off the exhuast, this causes low power and a lean condition. Car will idle without a problem but not have any power when accelerating.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!