Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

My name is ***** ***** I have an 03 duramax that knocks at

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ***** I have an 03 duramax that knocks at idle then goes away when I idle up just had injectors put in no codes opr lights
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Its just a little knock or clatter that is there once in a while mostly at idle or just at the beginning of accelaration
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

when its making this noise at idle and you shut off each fuel injector one at a time do any that you shut off make the noise go away with a scan tool ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm not a mechanic so I don't have scan tool

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

the odds are and is a very common issue is when there is an injector or two bad or not supplying fuel correctly into the cylinder you will get a fuel knock type noise especially at idle

what has to be done is a shop has to narrow down which cylinder is doing this and the odds are that injector will need to be changed to correct this issue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just had new injectors put in

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

ok shut off each cylinder and see which one you shut off makes the noise stop