GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2003 tahoe with 155,000 miles on it. Regular

Customer Question

I have a 2003 tahoe with 155,000 miles on it. Regular service and very well kept up. Now I drive about 10 miles and it dies. It will start right up again and drive 4 miles and it dies, and so on. What do you think it is?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Scott replied 1 year ago.

There are several things that could cause this. The first thing you need to do is see if there are any diagnostic codes set in the engine computer. Second see if the vehicle is losing fuel pressure when it stalls.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesnt seem to loose fuel. I drove down the freeway this morning about 60 and it just quit. Instant off. This happened the other night also. Then it starts right up. But stopped about every 5 to to 6 miles. Just quits
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I take it to the dealership. I told him this morning and they had to have it for awhile because they looked one other time and it didnt read anything. He said it has to happen while there to know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reading on line it looks like a regular problem chevy has. Is it a common problem
Expert:  Scott replied 1 year ago.

There are several things that can cause this concern. To be able to point you in the right direction, I would need to know what if any codes are set in the engine computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to get back to you in the morning. It didnt show any codes when first checked. So will have it checked tomorrow then give them to you. I have seen so many that the dealership could not find the problem. My mechanic said if its not doing it when they have it they wont know what it is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Scott replied 1 year ago.

It does help to be able to see it act up. Let me know.