Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I think i ran out of diesel,, light was on, and i ran while

Customer Question

i think i ran out of diesel,, light was on, and i ran while light on. parked truck on up hill over night, next day it started, sputtered, then died. now the engine just turns over and over, i primed the fuel pump, till fuel came out of top, still no start
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

Now we need to check the fuel pressure to see if this incident cause the fuel pump to fail. Do you have the tools to check the base oil pressure and the actual and desired pressure from the injector pump?

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just have basic tools

Do you know any one with these tools?

Is the primer bulb no longer firm after cranking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will try again,, not sure about firmness,,

Thanks

Hello again, I am sorry you were not pleased with my help.

I hate that you paid to get an answer but left, what appears to me, not satisfied.

Just so you know I am still here and available to help any day. We can start over fresh or just pick up where we left off.

Chris