Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

Heater blowing cool air

Customer Question

Heater blowing cool air
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.

Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

Are both heater hoses hot when the engine is at operating temperature?

Let me know.

Thanks

Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.

I asked about the heater hoses to verify hot coolant from the engine is coming and going to the heater core. These vehicles are very popular for clogged up heater cores. You can try back flushing the core and see if there is adequate flow. When flushing out the core do this at the hose connections at the engine to keep coolant and water from the intake area.

I have used compressed air to blow the gunk out of these cores, you just have to be careful not to blow the heater core apart.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions or comments let me know.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.