Fig. 1 Air Bag Two-way Connector
Many service procedures require the air bag system to b
e disabled to prevent accidental deployment. The air
off, the battery ground cable is disconnected or the DE
RM fuse is removed. If the inflator module is discon
nected from th
minute time period to elapse.
1. Turn steering wheel so that vehicle wheels are
pointed straight ahead.
2. Turn ignition switch to Lock position and remove
3. Remove air bag fuse from fuse block.
4. Remove steering column filler panel.
5. Remove Connector Position Assurance (CPA) and di
sconnect yellow two-way connector at base of steering colu
1. Remove air bag fuse from fuse block.
1. Turn ignition switch to LOCK and remove key.
2. Connect yellow two-way connector and install connecto
r position assurance (CPA).
3. Install steering column filler panel.
fuse into fuse block.