Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

Malibu Maxx 2006. Both electric mirrors 't work, dome light

Customer Question

Hi, Malibu Maxx 2006. Both electric mirrors don't work, dome light won't turn on when open doors or when motor is stop but only when they're turned on manualy. trunk button in drivers door no go, power lock remote no go. is there a link between all of those problems??
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello gang, just realized there was another dome light in the car, right behind my head... And the switch is on it, so that problem is solved... Not too proud of myself! So the problems left are both door mirrors, trunk remote button in drivers door and lock/alarm remotes (in witch I didn't check the batteries, but both remotes don't work, I figured both batteries are not dead, but I shouldn't assume that..).
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If your sure the fuse checks okay then pull the switch out and see if you have power into it from the fuse on the red/white wire . If that check okay then check for power out to the mirrors on the power wire out shown in the wiring diagram while working the switch up, down and in and out. See the wiring diagram in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Power%20Mirrors%20Oct%2017.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No response needed anymore, probelms were found, faulty switches. Thamks anyway.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Glad to hear you got it resolved. Thank you as well.