camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

I have 2010 chevy express 2500, 4.8l. I have several codes

Customer Question

Hi I have 2010 chevy express 2500, 4.8l. I have several codes p0201, p0300,p0449. What do you think, any idea, thank you Alex
Category: Chevy
Expert:  camerontech replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

My name is ***** ***** I am a licenced diagnostic technician with over 20 years experience.

I will do my best to help you with your automotive problem. Please remember, I cannot see, hear or feel your vehicle which can make diagnosing very complicated and some vehicle require extensive diagnotics that require certain diagnostics computers that can not be done over a computer or phone.

Please be patient as I am not online 24 hours a day, as I do work, but I do check my page every day.

A positive rating is always appreciated for my time and knowledge to help you with your problem.

Ill go through these three codes.

p0201 - Injector control circuit cylinder 1.

p0300 - multiple misfire detected

p0449 - Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vent Solenoid Control Circuit

the p0221 and p300 are probably related with each other. You could have a injector problem, or the wiring to the injector needs to be checked. When the injector doesnt fire properly, the computer notices this and stores this code, than of course the misfire code from that injector proplem.

THAt injector needs to be checked as well as the wiring to the pcm. I would also recommend a tune up (spark plugs, boots or wires and filters).

The other code (p0449), is one of the most common GM trouble codes out there next to the misfire one. It is a emissions code.

It is for the cannister vent solenoid, That is located under the vehicle close to the gas tank and charcoal cannister,

It is a 2 wire solenoid that vents and closes the fuel vapours in the system. You can activate it with a scan tool or jumping it direcly and seeing if it holds pressure with a smoke machine. but, It is a very weak valve that has a high failure rate. so 99 % its the valve thats failing.

I hope i have ansered your question and will always gladley answer follow up questions

cam