Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

What specifically should I ask be done the a transmission

Customer Question

What specifically should I ask be done the a transmission flush?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hello again.

You want to have this done by a facility that has a transmission flush machine.I would ask them to perform a "transmission fluid flush" then once the flush is done ask to have the "transmission filter" to be replaced as well as the filter will suck up any debris and you don't want the debris making its way back into the transmission components.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
estimation on cost?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Most places will do a transmission flush around $70 to $100 then it will cost another $50 to $75 to have the filter replaced in some cases.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in your opinion is it better to have it flushed and hope no rebuild is needed?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

If it were mine I would have the solenoid checked/tested first this way if found at fault it can be replaced the same time the filter is replaced to save money.If it tests o.k. then I would have the flush and filter done and if this doesn't correct the fault then the valve body will need tested to see if it needs replaced.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have discounts with the AAA repair center would you trust them?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

If they are known reputable repair center in your area then they should be able to test and repair this as well as perform the flush but if you know very little about their facility it would be best to have either GM dealer do this or GM repair center.

Thanks Pete