GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2005 silveradeo 5.3 - air bag light staying on. Most of my

Customer Question

2005 silveradeo 5.3 - air bag light staying on. Most of my radio speakers are inop. some come on and off. Checked all my wiring to seats and sensors. ( look and feal tight ) The sensors all look good ( no rust / dirt / swelling / etc. )
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have code B1035
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. Can I get your first name please?

That code is for the right front speaker so its likely due to your speaker issues. For your air bag, what other codes are set?

Often the issue on these vehicles with the air bag light is a sensor under the front of the rad. The code would tell us which one is causing it.

Speakers on these vehicles are notorious for failing due to moisture in the speaker and door. If they work some times and not otherwise then I am sure it’s a speaker issue itself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MY name is gene The only code i'm getting is b1035

Ok Gene, then your scanner is not reading all the codes. We would need other codes to see what the Air bag lights are.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get the other codes?

I am not trying to dodge your question Gene, its just not possible to diagnose the air bag light staying on without the codes. We need a better scan tool to get those codes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That doen't help me. Your saying I need to by a different scan tool ( $ ) or take to shop and pay them what i was planing on getting from you. How would you be able to trouble shoot the problem if I didn't have any scan tool at all ?

Gene I would not be able to without codes. I cannot tell you what part o the air bag system is at fault with out the codes. Its the drawback to the computerized systems.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then were at a impass.

IF you can get the codes read I can help you. Perhaps a device called a BlueDriver that allows you to read all codes with your smart phone for about 100, and works on all vehicles from 95 to present may interest you . Search on Amazon.