JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech
6149662

Im trying to help a friend get her car fixed

Customer Question

hello im trying to help a friend get her car fixed
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2007 chevy malibu
1G1ZS58F67F119811
2.2 litre
runs terrible feels like a dead miss
pulled PO 106
PO 325
PO 463
P1682i figure the last two are irrevelant its known the car has a quirky gas guage and tempramental ign switchi consulted a freind at local chevy dealer he suggested try map sensor first
i wasnt there but they put a new map on and no change
put old one back on
they (owner of car im just trying to help) took to a local place that does diag work and were told needs pcmnothing further has beed donewhat do you think
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 1 year ago.

po106 is a map sensor code

DTC P0325

• Knock Sensor (KS) Circuit
  • DTC P0463 (Sedan)

DTC Descriptor

DTC P0463

• Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Voltage
  • DTC P1682

DTC Descriptor

DTC P1682

• Ignition 1 Switch Circuit 2

• Engine may operate in a reduced engine power mode.Circuit/System Verification
  • If DTCs P0685, P0689, P0690, or B1380 are set, diagnose those DTCs first.
  • Ignition ON, engine OFF, observe the Ignition 1 voltage signal, and the EC Ignition Relay Feedback signal parameters, on the scan tool. Both parameter values should display no more than 3 volts difference, between the two parameters.
  • Ignition OFF, observe the ignition 1 voltage signal parameter, on the scan tool. The parameter value should be 0 volts , before the ECM powers down.
  • Circuit/System Testing

• Ignition ON, observe the Ignition 1 Signal and EC Ignition Relay Feedback scan tool parameters to determine which is less than B+.
  • Ignition OFF, remove the relay that corresponds to the scan tool parameter that is less than B+.
  • Important: 6 ohms or greater in the circuit/underhood fuse block will cause the DTC to set.

• Ignition On, connect a 3A fused jumper wire between B+ and the applicable ignition 1 circuit terminal. Verify that the applicable scan tool parameter displays B+.
    • If the applicable scan tool parameter is less than the specified value, test the ignition 1 circuit for an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the ECM.
  • If all circuits test normal, test or replace the applicable relay.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you