JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech
6149662

I have a 2003 Chevy Impala 3.4 and when I turn the car over

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Chevy Impala 3.4 and when I turn the car over it doesn't start the first time but if I turn the key back off and on again it starts fine?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 1 year ago.

its likely a fuel pump that loses prime to verify a fuel pressure gauge is required..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuel pressure stays constant

when it cranks and does not start what is fuel pressure...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuel pressure is at 55psi i try to start it first just turns over turn the key back then try again fires up everytime but not on the first turn

ok are you checking spark and fuel pressure when the no start occurs? this is important

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If there's no spark what could be the problem when I first crank it there's definitely fuel pressure to the rails

no other issues other then the starting issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No other issues no engine codes car runs fine when running just no start on the first initial try

do you have a scan tool with live data?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not handy at the moment what should I be looking for

cam and crank signal... possibly a weak cam or crank sensor

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you