Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I live in Sweden. With my 2001 Chevy Blazer.. now after new

Customer Question

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I live in Sweden. With my 2001 Chevy Blazer.. now after new rules we havw to verify the vinnumber on the body at inspection. The number in the windshield is not good enough they say so we have been searching like everywhere on the frame but cant find it so I wonder if you know where to look closer?
greetings, Veronica
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The number on the paper says :IGNDT13W71K123841 if that is any help to you..
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

on the 2001 Blazer's they used little placards stuck on the rear of the frame rails which varied on location from the inner bends of the frame rail to the rear of the frame rails to some forward on the frame near the transfer case area

now the problem you might run into is these little sticker type placards were very easily weathered and some are even gone off the frame

if that is the case on your Blazer will the except the last 6 digits of the VIN number that is stamped on the engine block ? as the last 6 numbers of the VIN are the specific numbers that are unique to your VIN number just for this truck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since no type of placards are accepted here they Always stamp in the vin somewhere when the vehicle is registrated in Sweden so I guess it won´t do with the enginenumber either:(.. But these numbers should ,according to a Swedish mechanic already have been stamped in ON TOP of the frame as they manufactured the car..which is pretty stupid if you have to lift up the whole body from the frame to find it:/. So..I guess we will have to either give the car to a surgeon or pay someone to stamp in the number all over again and then pay for a new registration:( or..god forbid..take a perfectly good car to the junkyard. THAts SWEDEN IN A NUTSHELL:(
Thanks anyway,
Veronica
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am real sorry they are making you go through all of this