Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

2008 Chevy Silverado 1500... left front turn signal blinks

Customer Question

2008 Chevy Silverado 1500... left front turn signal blinks rapidly inside on dash, outside rear is blinking, front is on constant, not blinking. Changed both front bulbs, no change.
With running lights off and 4 way on... all lights blink except right front, right front is on constant for a while , one element both bulbs, then the right front goes dark, others continued to blink. With running lights on and four ways on, same thing except right front remains lit, does not go dark and the other 3 blink.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

when the RF goes dark what does the blue/white wire show for volts and is the black a good ground ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm out of town with the truck and won't be able to check the voltage fore about a week. Where is the blue/white wire located, what is it's function and what should the voltage be?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

testing with the RF not working

the blue/white wire is at the RF signal bulbs that should be a blinking 12 volts with the right signal on and the black should be right next to the blue/white wire and the black should be a good ground

if the black is a good ground and the blue/white is not blinking 12 volts and since these trucks do NOT use flashers anymore as everything is done inside the BCM the turn signal switch can not be the problem as it is telling the BCM to work those signals the problem is going to be a bad connection at the BCM or most common the BCM itself causing these problems and would need to be changed

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?

dont forget to rate us here at Justanswer !

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tested both black wires for continuity to ground, both are grounded. Put 12vdc test light on blue white wire, turned right turn signal on, no voltage. Where is the BMC connection and how should I test the connection at the BCM?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

you need to get to BCM connector X4 ( black colored connector ) and terminal # ***** should be the blue/white wire to test right there

if it still doesn't show anything right at the BCM terminal then the BCM is bad