BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

2004 h2. Replaced one of the ride leveling sensors. Now the

Customer Question

2004 h2. Replaced one of the ride leveling sensors. Now the compressor doesnt turn on even with the switch by the air hose connection. Service suspension light is on as well. Checked the 60amp fuse under hood and the 15 amp in the cab. All good. Ideas?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me why the sensor was replaced? What was the vehicle doing prior to that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 10yrs ago, the plastic piece connecting to the sensor broke. I jb welded it back in place. Everything worked fine until last weekend when it broke again. I did the same thing. Jb weld. This time I did take the module off and disconnected the electric connection going to the module to get a good glue placement. Upon disconnecting I did hear a "click" by where the compressor is under the rear. Just another symptom, last night the truck was stuck in high 4 lock. Never did that before.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Does the suspension still seem to be at the correct height?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correct height. Also tried disconnecting battery. Same. Disconnected the relay under the driver front like some suggested. Same
Checked all fuses under hood and in cabin. All good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pretty sure it just needs to reset but no idea how long that takes or how many starts. Is there a way to manually reset?
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately there is no manual reset other than disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. Otherwise you need a scan tool that can communicate with this module. Or if you have a voltage meter we can go through some diagnostics to see if we can find the issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Used a snap on modis scan tool today. Codes are c0626 c0711 u1064. Lvl sensor circuit lost communication etc. I was able to clear two codes but the c0626 stuck. Ordered a new sensor so will see if that fixes the issue.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like that is the issue. Hopefully that will take care of it. If not let me know and we can continue. Hopefully the module is not having issues.