Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

08 Chevrolet Equinox, service stabilitrak, service traction

Customer Question

08 Chevrolet Equinox, service stabilitrak, service traction control, awd off, abs and brake light on, found c0550-00 and c0550-37 codes
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Both of these codes are directly related and pointing to a problem with the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM). These codes are saying there is an internal problem with the Module. Very much like a hard drive crash in your home computer. Carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, then unfortunately, the EBCM will need to be replaced. The EBCM is located under the hood, in the driver's side rear corner of the engine compartment, just below and to the right of the Brake Master Cylinder. Keep in mind, after replacement of the EBCM it will need to be programmed with the use of a scan-tool that can interact with the braking system. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. If you cannot rate or do not see the rating stars, please let me know!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

..

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I replaced the computer module on the pump I tried running the pump with my scanner it says the valve and motor are malfunctioning

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

After EBCM replacement, it will need to be programmed. This may be your problem. Unfortunately, due to the forwardness of the code, not much more to offer. Let me provide you with what I have on the C0550 ((HERE))