BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Ive got a 03 chevy duramax crank no start acts like theft

Customer Question

ive got a 03 chevy duramax crank no start acts like theft problem no communication to bcm ipc theft detterant module or tcm
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. Does the check engine light come on when the key is turned on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks for the reply! and yes the check engine light is on, its the only light that will come on, on the dash cluster the engine codes read.. P0700, P1626, U1026, U2106.. we had a question right below this one that had more detail on what happened but it now says locked

Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. There are a lot of possible issues that can cause this but I would start by checking the wiring that goes around the parking brake assembly. Many times this wiring wears through and causes this. If this is fine then it may be a failing ignition switch. If you have a voltage meter I can tell you how to test it.