Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I had my 2003 Chevy Tahoe reduced engine power mode taken

Customer Question

Gary...I had my 2003 Chevy Tahoe reduced engine power mode taken care of last week and picked it up Thursday. They found that the DTC P2135 and P1516 caused by high resistance in throttle body wires when Ohmming wires from throttle body to TAC module. Removed butt connectors from wires and soldered all 8 wires. Cleared codes and retested. failed codes now passing. When I started the engine this am the Check Engine Light came on...I turned it off and restarted and no light on at this time...should I wait for it to come on again or return it to the shop?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

if that light came on it set a code and the code would be stored in the computers history

i am afraid if you wait the shop will say " why didn't you bring it back sooner " in case its related to the throttle issue

i would swing my the shop and tell them the light came on then went off and just have them check for the codes or code set to be 100% sure it is fixed right

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?

dont forget to rate us here at Justanswer !