Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have 1995 1500 z71, the fan won't blow and no vents change

Customer Question

I have 1995 1500 z71, the fan won't blow and no vents change either... I've changed the resistor, relay that's by the resistor, and the whole head unit and blower switch... I can disconnect the blower ground and ground it somewhere else and the blower works but no heat or vent changes...the Ac will still kick on when I turn it on... At my wits end... Please help
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This issue here sounds like a loss of ground to the blower and controller itself or heater/ac actuators.The grounds come from G105 and G200.Locate these grounds and check and make sure their connections are clean and tight.If an issue is found with any of the grounds the fault will need corrected to resolve this issue here.

G105 is located right next to the battery as seen in this link here https://www.dropbox.com/s/2giupqzyybeqtdm/G105-10-05-15.gif?dl=0

G200 is located behind the left drivers side of the dash below the fuse panel.Unfortunately my info doesn't give a picture of this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll check it out after work... Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.Let me know what you come up with here when your ready.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Couldn't get to it yet... Working 12s...lol.. Maybe tonight
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,let me know what you come up with when your ready.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looked under the hood at that ground, seems good. The other ground under the fuse box I couldn't see... Do I have to take up the dash to get to it?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.

MY info isn't showing me exactly where the under dash ground is located but it should be under the fuse panel itself or near the fuse panel.Are you able to see any grounds in this location/area at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not really
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,I don't have or can I locate the exact location of this ground but it should be similar to this below.It should be a ground wire bolted to the body itself.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thanks... I'll try it after ww
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Pete