Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I have a new Chevy Silverado, my issue is the back passenger

Customer Question

Hello, I have a new Chevy Silverado, my issue is the back passenger door. My wife thought the child safety lock was on the door and pushed the latch up so now the door is locked and will not shut. Is there a way to unlock the latch?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

you need to put a screw driver in the closed part of the latch in the door and pull out and down WHILE using the inside door handle being pulled and make sure the door is unlocked when doing this

it will release the latch and open up for you

here is a basic picture of where to put the screwdriver in the latch i know this is not your exact latch but it is just so you visually know where to put the screwdriver to pull out and down while pulling on the door open interior handle

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?