Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I had my 4.3 rebuilt 99 blazer. It runs fine other than it

Customer Question

I had my 4.3 rebuilt for my 99 blazer. It runs fine other than it idles around 2200-2500 rpm. Had it to a mechanic and he couldn't figure it out. Can't find any vacuum leaks
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

With the IAC unplugged is the idle still high?

Have you checked the throttle body and cable for it being stuck open?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It ran ok for a while with it unplugged now it doesn't seem to make a difference

So the IAC is ruled out, that leaves the MAF sensor dirty or reading wrong, vacuum leaks, or the throttle stuck open.

-----------PLEASE READ THIS------------

1. First of all, thanks for using Just Answer, and Thanks for letting me try to help you.

2. Sorry about the wait, we try our best to get to everyone fast.

3. Do not mistake the above or following posts from me as my last one. We can ask each other many questions, and I can post many answers.

4. I base my response on what you tell me, I am not there to see, smell, or hear, so please factor that in.

5. On your screen you see a rating. That is how I'm paid from your deposit for helping you. I am going to keep checking in on you to make sure your pleased with my help. Let me know if your planning to rate at a later date if not now.

6. If you decide to rate BAD it doesn't result in a refund, please respond first so I can help more.

7. I'm here normally 3pm-3am central everyday. Thanks again, Chris (aka-Moose)