Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I changed my pugs and wires in my 2011 5.3l tahoe and it

Customer Question

I changed my pugs and wires in my 2011 5.3l tahoe and it idled smoother, now after an oil change I performed it has a rough idle and shake. The idle only moves maybe 50 rpms but you can feel the shaking from the rough idle throughout the whole car, is there anytime I can do to help it not have a rough idle?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

Try cleaning the throttle body. Remove the air intake tube from the front of the engine and use a throttle body cleaner spray (or carburetor cleaner spray) to clean the throttle blade and bore. With the key off, open the throttle blade by hand to fully clean the area. This should allow more airflow at closed throttle and help to stabilize the idle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I just changed the oil and before at the start the oil pressure would shoot up to 40 psi or more right away but now it stays at 0psi for a split second and then slowly goes up to 40 psi? Only 56k miles and just started after oil change to a full synthetic oil
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do i have to disconnect the negative battery cable when cleaning the throttle body? I just put in a K&N filter about 1000 miles ago.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

No need to disconnect the battery. Just make sure the key is OFF. Also make sure the K&N air filter is not over oiled. If it is, it can coat the mass airflow sensor and cause driveability issues.