Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

1999 suburban tail light fuses blow as soon as light turn on

Customer Question

1999 suburban tail light fuses blow as soon as light turn on No brake light either just turn signals head lights works fine help
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Does the 3rd brake light work?

Do you understand wire diagrams and electrical testing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not that experience but with some help I'll do my best

View the diagram below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/99suburbanEXTlights.pdf

Mid way down on the right you will see the headlamp switch, and the brown wire coming out going to a splice. You need to find that splice, and separate it and power each circuit individually to see which blows the fuse to isolate where to look for this short. There is a possibility a bulb has the filament broken and it is shorted together so first check all bulbs and sockets for obvious issues. At the dash auxillary power point, follow that small harness back to where it breaks out of the large harness. Open that harness and within 1.5 inches you will find this splice.

-----------PLEASE READ THIS------------

1. First of all, thanks for using Just Answer, and Thanks for letting me try to help you.

2. Sorry about the wait, we try our best to get to everyone fast.

3. Do not mistake the above or following posts from me as my last one. We can ask each other many questions, and I can post many answers.

4. I base my response on what you tell me, I am not there to see, smell, or hear, so please factor that in.

5. On your screen you see a rating. That is how I'm paid from your deposit for helping you. I am going to keep checking in on you to make sure your pleased with my help. Let me know if your planning to rate at a later date if not now.

6. If you decide to rate BAD it doesn't result in a refund, please respond first so I can help more.

7. I'm here normally 3pm-3am central everyday. Thanks again, Chris (aka-Moose)